Are you passionate about Mental Health? Would you like to give back to community and others? Mental illness touches everybody in one way or another. Here at A Stitch in Time, we’re very lucky to have a number of volunteers who support us in our work. Whether it’s helping out at events, becoming one of our presenters and sharing your story, or spreading the word about us in your community, you’ll help to make a difference to the lives of people going through tough times. Our volunteers are passionate about helping us to help others.
We are seeking members for a variety of roles to support the progression of our group with innovations.
Do you have a strong passion for mental health & suicide prevention, flexible availability and could assist in some of the areas below .... because we want to meet you!
We are currently looking for volunteers to assist us in WA with either experience or passion in the following areas:
- A Stitch in Time educational program presenters.
- Volunteers to help run/set up events
- Graphic design / marketing.
- Event coordination.
If you may have ANY interest please fill in this questionnaire
Volunteering is a great way to get involved with A Stitch in Time to encourage open dialogue around Mental Health and help educate individuals and eliminate any stigma surrounding Mental Illness
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
As a volunteer you will
- Gain valuable experience in a Social Enterprise
- Be at the helm of starting a powerful movement
- Get to be your own boss; you make the rules.
- Develop and deliver an exciting and fresh strategy for brand awareness and online reputation
- Manage and collaborate with others create to content
- Maintain a consistent brand presence that aligns with A Stitch in Time's mission, purpose, values and philosophy
We will have a meeting once a month, but other than that the world and your time is yours. Our aim is to build the content used for our digital platforms whilst conveying a strong message centred around our values. Mental Health is our passion and we know people need other people, stories can be important, thus we want to share them, and hope and help are real.
- Highly motivated, creative, passionate, engaging individual
- Community leadership and participation
- Experience building a brand and engaging brand ambassadors
- Lover of all things social media
- Strong belief in promoting the importance of Mental Health and using social media and marketing to add value to people's lives.